DIRECT AND INDIRECT SPEECH/NARRATION- HSLC EXAM QUESTIONS - FROM 1998-2020

                         DIRECT AND INDIRECT NARRATION

HSLC Exam. Questions

From 1998-2020

 

DIRECT AND INDIRECT SPEECH/NARRATION

 

Change the form of narration-

1. H.S.L.C – 1998

·       Arun said, “I do not know this boy”

·       Arun said that he did not know that boy.

·       I asked the boy if he had answered all the questions.

·       I said to the boy, “Have you answered all the questions?”

2. H.S.L.C – 1999

·       “I made some money yesterday,” Anil said.

·       Anil said that he had made some money the previous day.

·       Raju told me that he would meet me the next day.

·       Raju said to me, “I will meet you tomorrow”

3. H.S.L.C – 2000

·       Anita said to Ravi. “Please lend me your pen”

·       Anita requested me to lend her my pen.

·       The boy told me that his father would meet me soon.

·       The boy said to me, “My father will meet you soon.”

4. H.S.L.C – 2001

·       He said to me, “Lend me your book for today.”

·       He requested me to lend him my book that day.

·       He said to me, “You will be tired before you arrive”

·       He told me that I would be tired before I arrive

·       Ram asked me if I had a car.

·       Ram said to me, “Do you have a car?”

·       The old man wished that I might be happy.

·       The old man said, “May you be happy”

 

5. H.S.L.C – 2002

·       He said to me, “When did you buy these books?”

·       He asked me when I had bought those books.

·       I said, “I bought it yesterday”

·       I said that I had bought it the day before.

·       Ravi thanked me for my help.

·       Ravi said to me, “Thank you for your help.”

·       The old man prayed that God might help me.

·       The old man said to me, “May God help you.”

6.H.S.l.C – 2003

·       Mohan said to Hari, “Can I borrow a hundred rupees from you?”

·       Mohan asked Hari if he could borrow a hundred rupees from him (Hari)

·       “Can you ride a bicycle?” I asked Gita.

·       I asked Gita if she could ride a bicycle.

·       The teacher said, “The earth is round”

·       The teacher said that the earth is round.

7. H.S.L.C – 2004

·       The teacher said to me, “Don’t neglect your studies”

·       The teacher advised me not to neglect my studies.

·       The headmaster asked me who I was.

·       The headmaster said to me, “who are you?”

·       He told his wife that he might be late.

·       He said to his wife, “I may be late.”

 

8. H.S.L.C – 2005

·       “I made some money yesterday.” He said to Hari.

·       He told Hari that he had made some money the day before.

·       Mohan said that he goes for a walk every morning.

·       Mohan said, “I go for a walk every morning”

9. H.S.L.C - 2006

·       The boy said, “Sir, please explain the poem once more.”

·       The boy requested the teacher to explain the poem once more.

·       The teacher said that he would do that the next day.

·       The teacher said, “I will do that tomorrow”

10. H.S.L.C – 2007

·       He said to them, “Good-bye my friends”

·       He bade his friends goodbye.

·       I said to her, “Do you want my help?”

·       I asked her if she wanted my help.

11. H.S.L.C – 2008

·       The teacher said, “Honesty is the best policy”

·       The teacher said that honesty is the best policy.

·       Anita said, “I do not know the boy.”

·       Anita said that she did not know the boy.

12. H.S.L.C – 2009

·       The lady said to the man, “I don’t know you”

·       The lady told the man that she didn’t know him.

·       She asked him to keep quiet.

·       She said to him, “keep quiet”

13. H.S.L.C – 2010

·       The lady said to me, “I will tell you my story”

·       The lady told me that she would tell me her story.

·       I told her that I had no time for that.

·       I said, “I have no time for this”

14. H.S.L.C – 2011

·       The mechanic said, “I will repair your car tomorrow”

·       The mechanic said that he would repair my car the next day.

·       The teacher enquired the pupil if he had done his homework.

·       The teacher said, “have you done your homework?”

15. H.S.L.C – 2012

·       He said, “Honesty is the best policy”

·       He said that honesty is the best policy.

·       He said that he takes bath in the Brahmaputra every morning.

·        He said, “I take bath in the Brahmaputra every morning.

16. H.S.L.C – 2013

·       She said, “The water is boiling”

·       She said that the water was boiling.

·       Mira said that her mother had been suffering from fever.

·       Mira said, “My mother has been suffering from fever”

 

17. H.S.L.C – 2014

·       He told her not to disturb him

·       He said her, “Don’t disturb me”

·       Mother said to me, “Don’t tell a lie”

·       Mother advised me not to tell a lie.

18. H.S.L.C – 2015

·       “What a beautiful building!” he said.

·       He exclaimed what a beautiful building it was.

·       He proposed that we should go for a walk.

·       He said, “Let's go for a walk”

19. H.S.L.C – 2016

·       “Can you drive a car?” I said to Rahim.

·       I asked Rahim if he could drive a car.

·       The stranger asked me if I could tell him the way to the post office.

·       The stranger said, “Can you tell me the way to the post office?”

20. H.S.L.C – 2017

·       Anita said, “I do not know the boy”

·       Anita told me that she didn’t know the boy.

·       Rahim said that his mother had been suffering from fever.

·       Rahim said, “My mother has been suffering from fever.”

21. H.S.L.C- 2018

·       Rahim said to me, “Do you know the man standing at the gate.”

·       Rahim asked me if I knew the man standing at the gate.

·       The young man told me that he had come from Jorhat to work in Guwahati.

·       The young man said, “I have come from Jorhat to work in Guwahati.”

22. H.S.L.C – 2019

·       She asked me why the teacher had punished me.

·       She said, “Why have the teacher punished you.”

·       Anita said to Ravi, “Please, lend me your pen”

·       Anita requested me to lend her my pen.

23. H.S.L.C- 2020

·       Rashid asked me if I knew Rahim.

·       Rashid said to me, “Do you know Rahim”

·       Mother said to me, “what will you do after the examination?”

·       Mother asked me what I would do after the examination.


To learn about the rules of  please visit this link

NARRATION RULES


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animals- Question-answers

ANIMALS WORD NOTES Placid - Calm Sweat and whine - Complain pitifully Demented - Behaving in a crazy way, mad Evince - Reveal the presence o...